This is a follow up message concerning the suspicious gas odor at Grimshaw Elementary.
Students and staff were relocated to the Jr/Sr High Auditorium at 8:00 AM. LaFayette fire department determined that the gas smell was coming from a hot water tank. The gas supply to the hot water tank was shut off. National Grid responded and confirmed that the source of the gas leak was coming from the hot water tank.
The gas smell in the building has dissipated and National Grid has informed us that the building is safe to be occupied by students and staff.
Students and staff are now returning to Grimshaw and classes will resume.
Thank you for your patience during this disruption. The safety of our students and staff always comes first.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at 315-529-9550.
There is a strong natural gas smell coming from the basement at Grimshaw. We are contacting the fire department and National Grid.
Grimshaw students are being transported to the Jr Sr High auditorium. Students and staff will return to the building after it is deemed safe.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at (315) 529-9550.