The goal of the Communications Office is to be the first and best source of LaFayette Central School District information and to provide avenues of communication between the district and its students, staff and community members.
Information for a story or press release also can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail: LaFayette District Office, 5955 Route 20 West, LaFayette, NY 13084.
Stay Connected with LaFayette CSDThe district has several communication tools in place to help keep parents, guardians, students, staff and community members informed about what's happening across LaFayette Central School District.
- District website: The website is updated with information about district and building-level activities, programs and announcements.
- Social media: View photos and videos of school events and receive updates on district news by following the district’s Facebook and Twitter pages. The Facebook page is located at www.facebook.com/LaFayetteCSD and the district’s Twitter handle is @LaFayetteCSD.
- School calendars: Information about district and school events can be found on the online calendar located on the district website’s homepage. The calendar is web-based, updates in real-time and can sync to mobile devices.
- SchoolMessenger allows the district and each of its schools to send messages via telephone, email and text to notify families and staff of upcoming school events, emergency situations, closings and delays, etc. This service is available only to parents and guardians and individuals they designate to receive notifications. Parents and guardians will automatically receive phone calls and emails via SchoolMessenger, but will need to text the word “subscribe” to 68453 to sign-up for text notifications. Parents and guardians wishing to review their contact information on SchoolMessenger should contact the District Office at (315) 677-9728.
- Community Newsletter: The district produces a monthly newsletter, The Green Sheet for families and community members. It contains news, announcements and calendar updates. The newsletter is available electronically at the beginning of each month on the district’s website. Residents can join the newsletter’s postal mailing list by contacting the district office at (315) 677-9728.
- Mobile App: Get your news on-the-go with LaFayette CSD’s app for iOS (Apple) and Android devices. Download the app for free from iTunes or Google Play - search for it using the key phrase "LaFayette Central School District."
School ClosingsEmergency school closings and delays are announced on the following local television stations: WSTM (channel 3), WSYR (channel 9), WTVH (channel 5), Spectrum News (channel 10) and are posted to Syracuse.com.
The district will also notify parents and students by telephone (and text message for those who are enrolled) via the SchoolMessenger service. A notice will also be posted to the district's website and social media platforms.