The LaFayette Central School District is pleased to present its 2020 Capital Project plan to the community.
The projected cost for the project totals $8.6 million, but is projected to have no local tax impact. Keeping student/staff health and safety in mind, and with an eye toward innovation, the scope of the project has three primary goals:
- Improving air quality to create healthier learning environments
- Upgrade facility infrastructure to ensure safety, health and security
- Educational program enhancements
Grimshaw Elementary School:
- Repairing pavement to fields
- Structural repairs to kitchen flooring
- Septic tank replacement
- Repairs to loading dock
- Alternates: Ceiling Abatement, gym divider replacement, cafeteria terrazzo refinishing
Junior/Senior High School:
- Repairs to auxiliary gym roof
- Water heaters
- Sewage treatment plant
- Potential alternates: Masonry restoration, library carpet replacement, cafeteria terrazzo refinishing
- Improvements to the Trades/STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math) classrooms that will better meet current and future program needs
Funds have also been earmarked for the creation of an Academic Hall of Fame in the lobby near the auditorium.
As a state-owned facility, the Onondaga Nation School relies on funds from the New York State Department of Education. The district plans on requesting that airflow/air conditioning improvements be made to that facility as well, and we will provide updates from that process following the December vote for the currently proposed project.
The voting date for the capital project is scheduled for Thursday, Dec. 10 from 1-9 p.m. at the junior/senior high school. Residents may also vote via absentee ballot in lieu of an in-person vote. Qualified Voters may complete an absentee ballot application and pick up the absentee ballot at the district office by 4 pm on December 9th. Contact Paula Hibbert, District Clerk, firstname.lastname@example.org or 315-677-9728 with questions. Absentee ballots are due 5:00 PM on December 10th.
For any questions regarding the capital project, please contact the school at (315) 677-9728.
Click here to view past capital project information.