- Capital Project - Public Presentation - Presented February 13
- Capital Project - Public Presentation - Presented October 15
- Capital Project - Public Presentation - Presented September 25
- High School Project Planning Update Powerpoint - Presented to High School Staff - September 12, 2013
- Capital Project Planning Update Powerpoint - Presented at the Board of Education August 22, 2013 meeting
This year we are initiating a capital improvement project in the LaFayette Central School District. This means that we will be creating a bond for the taxpayers to approve to provide funding for the project. We are looking at a tentative October 2013 vote, with a referendum amount to be determined soon. Pending the approval of the bond by voters and the completion of required State Education authorizations, we are looking to begin the renovations in mid-2014.
The overall project mission is four fold:
1. To maintain current infrastructure (per state requirements).
2. To address and improve operational safety and security issues at Grimshaw and the Jr./Sr. High School.
3. To improve and maximize building space:
a. Physically align "Project Lead The Way" with Math and Science.
b. Redesign space in the LGI and Auditorium to enhance the Vocal and Instrumental Music Curriculum, as well as the
space for concerts and musicals.
c. Locate the "The Big Picture School" on the Jr./Sr. High School campus.
4. Maintain fiscal responsibility.
All of the aforementioned concepts are considered by the Board of Education and the Administration of the LaFayette Central School District to be necessary to continue to provide our children with a positive educational experience that allows them to successfully and enthusiastically pursue their interests and ensures that they are fully prepared to take the next step in their lives post public high school.